My first game ! It's aMAZ[e]ing!

Hello everyone!

This is my first game made with TypeScript and of course babylon.js :grin:. This “aMAZ[e]ing” game is a kind of escape game in FPS view. For the moment, the game is not very advanced, but it is possible to test here the demo with its 3 levels:

https://amazeing-3d.onrender.com/

Starting from basic knowledge of TypeScript and discovering babylon.js (and Blender, nodejs and many more 3d design and web technologies), it was a long journey rich in teaching (learning new technologies, and also not giving up when you’re stuck for a whole week on a technical point :smiley:) to get to something “presentable”.

I would like to thank the community for their direct and indirect help, I can’t count the hours spent on this forum :blush:, I also thank the babylon.js team who do an… amaz[e]ing job :wink:! babylon.js is an incredible engine for creators of all kinds to express their ideas! Thank you very much!

Feel free to give me feedback on the game so that I can improve it! Thank you!

Here are some screenshots of the game:

17 Likes

It is truly amazing!
I did the first stage and the hotel (in 2:30) …super fun (what is the use of the batteries?):slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the feedback !!
In the hotel level, you can recharge the lantern with the batteries so you can use it longer. But, depending on the brightness of your screen, the lantern is not really useful in this level :grimacing:. There are still a lot of “details” like this one to refine!

makes sense :slight_smile:

Playing this game in a dark room really filled me with suspense and I raced to get out as fast as possible! Excellent work and perfect theming.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Very nice! I liked the bats xD It took me a second to figure out how to get pick up a keys, I was clicking E on them like mad. Then I went back and did the tutorial level :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is wonderful. The music and lighting really create a mood.
Consider using a loading progress indicator to make sure the user knows to hang in there when the level is loading. Maybe callbacks from the AssetsManager can help with that.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback !
I notice that the tutorial level is really helpful :grin:

Thank you very much !
You’re absolutely right about the missing loading progress indicator, I’m adding this improvement to the top of my TODO list for the next version!

Awesome Man! So cool. So exciting. So great! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you very much! It’s very motivating to read comments like this!

You’re welcome!

Hi John. Seems like it’s been taken out of Heroku. Anyway to check it out?

Hi @Pedro_Mira_Vaz,

Thank you very much for your interest in my project. Due to lack of time, this project has been on hold for over a year. However, I’m going to be able to spend some time on it again, and I hope to be able to release a new version online in a few days.

I’ll let you know when it’s done.

Great! Thanks

Hi!

Thank you for your patience, the new demo version is finally available on this new platform:
https://amazeing-3d.onrender.com/

Compared with the previous version, there’s an extra level featuring the new object throwing functionality:

The next step will be to develop a level editor so that anyone can create their own levels!

Warning: for the moment this demo is hosted on a free server, the application is only started on demand, and it takes almost a minute before the application is started.

Don’t hesitate to test this demo and send me your feedback!
Thanks a lot!

Nice job, loved the tutorial tone ^^

One trick I discovered recently : you may avoid having to query your player’s keyboard layout if you use in your input logic event.code instead of event.key (at least for the WASD/ZQSD keys)

(ex : on my AZERTY keyboard, pressing Z sends a { event.key: "z", event.code: "KeyW" }

1 Like

Hello @SvenFrankson,

Thank you very much for your comment and for this tip! I’m going to try it as soon as possible!