Passing the spare time ... with a Gruffalo

Update:

Well, I have updated that Gruffalo who now lives in the “deep dark forest”

New Gruffalo

Trees created with Blender’s particle system, and the terrain texturing created with the BJS’s MixMaterial script. Also added a skydome and distant fog.

I would have been sooner - but a cat jumped on my keyboard and destroyed my file.

However, github seems to have improved again - no idea what the problem was.

End Update

With the lockdown for this virus, I’m spending my time trying to create something for my grand daughter. (that is why I asked the camera question). Currently she is fascinated with this character:

Gruffalo

Click the white button to animate - then click again

Or an image from wikipedia Gruffalo

Who is this creature with terrible claws
And terrible teeth, in his terrible jaws

It has led me through some bad days - particularly when I was trying to rig it. I built the rig from scratch by using typical Blender techniques that included creating a spine then all the parts for a left arm and leg (with IK bones labeled with .L). I then mirrored those to get the right bones. It did not work on export. The IK bones got all screwed up on export. I never know if it is an issue with Blender 2.8 or @JCPalmer 's exporter or a combination of both.

So don’t do it that way. Add all the IK bones after mirroring the regular bones. That works fine.

Another little problem that I ran into was the slowness of github updating files. After files have been uploaded it gives a little message saying “this can take a few minutes”. It used to be that meant about 5 minutes. The last time I tried on Sunday - way over an hour!!

Anyone know why?

It just seems that stuff piles up to aggravate this virus situation …

Stay Safe All, gryff :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Love it! I’ll show it to my 5yo tonight :wink:

@Deltakosh : For your 5yo :

Who is this creature with terrible claws
And terrible teeth, in his terrible jaws
He has knobbly knees and turned out toes
And a poisonous wart at the end of his nose
His eyes are orange, his tongue is black
And purple prickles all down his back
Ohh help, ohh no,
It’s a Gruffalo

But there is more to come …

My grand daughter recites the above as we watch it

Stay Safe All, gryff

1 Like

Added an update (see above) . Now for some sound/audio and more animation if I can stay away from flying cats :grinning:

Stay Safe All, gryff :slight_smile:

1 Like