Possible to create instances of a mesh with child-meshes?

I need an object that consists of two poles with a picture between them. There are a few different pictures, and there can be multiple objects like this on the screen at once, so I thought of using instances.

I can’t seem to figure out if it’s possible to have a parent-mesh with a few child-meshes and then create instances of this complex mesh. I tried but I didn’t see the instances. I tried using TransformNode, but createInstance is not a method for this.

I tried creating the object(s) in Blender, but since the pictures can differ I think it’s more convenient to make some kind of object class, that creates it.

Just wondering what is the best option for this.

Instances are only for the geometry so it does not duplicate the node hierarchy.

You have to clone/instanciate all members of the hierarchy

1 Like

Ok, I understand, but instancing an imported mesh, made in Blender, consisting of 2 separate poles does work.
There must be a way to do this with meshes that are created on the fly with BABYLON.MeshBuilder as well then?

UPDATE:
I found out how :slight_smile: https://doc.babylonjs.com/features/featuresDeepDive/mesh/mergeMeshes

1 Like