QR code scanning with Babylon React Native

Hi!

I would quite like to have image tracking in Babylon React Native for the AR part. I’m aware of this explanation on how to add ARKit and ARCore image tracking WebXRFeatureName.IMAGE_TRACKING support · Issue #619 · BabylonJS/BabylonNative · GitHub but this isn’t something I’d be able to do.
In addition to that hurdle, I figured I might take this chance to somehow add QR code scanning and tracking. Since this would enable me to show different 3d models based on the different QR codes.
Since there’s a snapshot option already in babylonreactnative I thought I might use that in combination with GitHub - cozmo/jsQR: A pure javascript QR code reading library. This library takes in raw images and will locate, extract and parse any QR code found within., but oddly I don’t seem to be able to transform the base64 to the Uint8ClampedArray jsQR needs. It’s also singlethreaded, freezing Babylon which is kind of a dealbreaker.
Next I thought I’d just use the react native camera with the barcode scanning feature, and when it finds a QR code, start Babylon. But there’s the obvious disadvantage that it won’t track when Babylon is started.

Now before I continue any further I was wondering if there’s any obvious solutions I’ve missed, or if there’s a better approach I could look into.

Thanks!