React Native - Background not clear for XR

Hi!

I’m trying to upgrade to a newer Babylon React Native version “@babylonjs/react-native”: “1.8.1”
When I tried that with Babylon core version 6.4.1 it told me I needed a minimum of 6.14.0. Which was odd, since I saw that it should support a bunch of versions: GitHub - BabylonJS/BabylonReactNative: Build React Native applications with the power of Babylon Native

However, when I tried it with version 6.14.0 it doesn’t clear the background when I try and start XR.

It does start the camera and clears the scene (3D objects disappear) but I don’t see the camera feed and the 3D objects never appear again.

Any clue what could be causing that? I’ve had a similar issue before and it turned out I needed some specific versions, is that the case now too?

Thanks!

cc @Cedric

It looks like this issue : XR does not work on Android · Issue #1340 · BabylonJS/BabylonNative · GitHub
I’m working on a fix …

1 Like

Hi! Thanks, yeah that looks like the same issue. In the meantime I’ve upgraded to a version that was a bit older which does work. :smiley:

@carolhmj @Cedric Oh and happy new year to you both :smiley: :fireworks:

2 Likes

Hi @HedwigAR
BRN 1.8.2 has been release with a fix for XR on Android. Please test it and let me know if it fixes your issue :slight_smile:

1 Like