Runtime updating part of texture/cubetexture?

I wonder if it will be available to update whole/partial of a texture or cubetexture in run time? Thanks!

Hello, you can use DynamicTexture for that: Use Dynamic Texture - Babylon.js Documentation

Does that work for you?

I’m afraid not. What I want is to first init a 8k * 8k * 6 empty cubemap,and the server will transfer a 2k*2k image(this image is a sub image from one of the 8k cube face) as needed,then i want to update this sub texture to the exact face and position in the cube texture.

Ok understood!

In this case you could create a cube RTT (render target texture). Then using the texture.render() function you could use a PassPostPRocess to render to a specific face

I agree this is not straigtforward but it will be fast :slight_smile:

Something a bit like that: Babylon.js/textureTools.ts at master · BabylonJS/Babylon.js · GitHub

Okey, thats a solution. But in our opengl application, there is a method texsubimage2d() which can update a sub-rectangle of the binding texture, and is very fast. could babylon give an api using texsubimage2d to update textures?Thanks!

this sounds like an interesting addition, would you be willing to contribute it to the framework ?

:sob:i think i’m not professional enough to edit the engine source code, could you add this feature :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Let see if someone from the community is willing to add it ad it is a small a small add andi am pretty packed in jan ?

Else i ll check with DK to see if we can put itin :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

will be in next nightly:

engine.updateTextureData(...)

2 Likes