Shadow for an whole building

yeah that is right what i thought ok i will try it :smiley:

1 Like

Hallo,
Fixed a number of things but before going further, would recommend to do some changes.

Sry, I’m mixing english and german here, because we are not supposed to exchange in foreign language in the forum :grin:

1. Du solltest das GebĂ€ude in einem grĂ¶ĂŸeren Maßstab erstellen. Kann 2 oder 4 mal grĂ¶ĂŸer sein. So werden die Schatten besser und auch alles mit Kamera handlung
  2. PBR Materialien mĂŒssen gearbeitet werden um das neue Environmental zu benutzen
  3. Es geht doch nicht nur um Schatten. Es gibt tonnen Einstellungen um eine total verschiede Ambiance zu kreiren. Doch diese Einscheidung gehört dir.

Do you want stronger shadows, stronger lights? More or less realistic VS sexy?

Schau dir mal diese screenshots an? Ist das etwas in der NĂ€he?

Let me know when you have a new version (may be with instances and a rescaled building)

Das Fenster Material mußt auch noch neu gearbeitet werden (denke ich).

In this PG, press keys 1 to 6 to change the time of day (4 is launch time, 1 is night, 2 is dawn, 3 is sunrise, 5 is sunset, 6 is dusk). I still need to make some adjustments also for the light direction but is no use doing it before the revised version model.

Thank you very much.

I think this shadow projekt will be to much for the projekt i think the building is not in perfect shape with the texture an every think.

But i will let you know then i got an net Objekt.
I think I need to lear a lot for the shadow.

Ich glaube das nimmt alles einen zu großen aufwand mit dem Schatten, aber verstehe ich langsamm wie die Schatten Funktionieren

1 Like

You know best. In case, let me know and I will try to guide you through it

Meanwhile, have a great day,

2 Likes

I LOVE YOU! Your help here solved my issue in How to add shadows to imported child meshes? - Questions - Babylon.js (babylonjs.com)

These lines solved my issues:

let parent = scene.getMeshByName(“_ root _”);

// shadows handling
var shadowGenerator = new BABYLON.ShadowGenerator(2048, light);

let mymesh = parent.getChildMeshes();
for (var i = 0; i < mymesh.length; i++) {
mymesh[i].receiveShadows = true;
shadowGenerator.addShadowCaster(mymesh[i]);
}

3 Likes