The Block City is live - thanks everyone for helping

It’s nice to finally be able to post here after months of learning and working with some great people.

My site is now live - theblockcity.com and the model is in the - “enter the metaverse” button link.

I’d like to say a massive thank you for anyone who has commented or helped me in the forums but in particular @labris @mawa @carolhmj @Blake @sebavan - and now you can see the full picture of what I was trying to achieve.

I’m sure there are issues and improvements still to go and new features that I could add to make the model better. If there are any you can think off, please tell me and I’ll add them to my backlog for improvements. All thoughts are welcome too, positive or negative :slight_smile: I haven’t had much feedback from anyone on this yet as it’s been my secret project.

Thanks all,

10 Likes

Hi,
Thanks a lot for sharing the result and many thanks for your kind words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
It’s great to see the outcome of all these efforts (your efforts, not ours).

Incidentally, I detected a couple that can be fixed very quickly.
I can PM you the details, if you want?

Anyways, congrats for bringing live your project for BJS. Not everyone makes it this far so you can already be proud of it and account this as a success :champagne:

Overall the buildings and atmosphere look very nice :heart: (I would actually want to be able to zoom in more). I very much like these colorful highlights giving a sense of a sci-fi look to the city. It kind of reminds me of a number of games and artworks (here is one for you)

Cheers and have an amazing day :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words too. Yes please that would be great re the fixes! Always looking to improve and the camera’s can be changed easily :slight_smile:

No worries. I shall do this later today. Again, congrats for this v1. Take some time to celebrate :partying_face:

1 Like

Waoou this is beautiful! You did a really good job there!

1 Like

This is SO COOL! I’m honored to have been of help for such an awesome project.

1 Like

This is really nice and really huge!
A lot of optimization, it runs smoothly.
This is one of the best city demos which I’ve seen!
Glad if my humble advices helped in some way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the great comments everyone :slight_smile: I wasn’t sure what everyone’s thoughts were going to be and you are the first ones to see it. If there is anything I can add / change to make it better please say, I love hearing about improvements I can work on.

Sure. As promised, I will send you my second part comment playin the useless art director role (I’m very good at playing this kind of role :wink: But then again, don’t let comments drive you off your idea and design thinking (starting with mine). I think it’s clear from the above comments from all people with solid experience that your city design is already among one of the best ever seen here.

1 Like

great stuff here! looking forward to more releases

1 Like

I love the ambiance you created so much, you have one more fan !!!

1 Like