The gizmo control does not work at all after loading gltf models

Hello babylon, since PlaneRotationGizmo modification last time, I find that the loaded gltf model cannot be rotated at all, so I rewrite the verification code of irregular scaling.As shown in the following code, the rotation error caused by non-uniform scaling is not because the node itself is non-uniform scaling, but because its parent is non-uniform scaling, so I relaxed the check criteria for non-uniform scaling. This also allows you to select a mesh and rotate it to world coordinates without any problems.

const nodeScale = new Vector3(1, 1, 1);
            const nodeQuaternion = new Quaternion(0, 0, 0, 1);
            const nodeTranslation = new Vector3(0, 0, 0);
            this._handlePivot();
            this.attachedNode.getWorldMatrix().decompose(nodeScale, nodeQuaternion, nodeTranslation);
            let nodeParentScaleCheck = new Vector3(1, 1, 1);
            if (this.attachedNode.parent) {
                nodeParentScaleCheck = this.attachedNode.parent.absoluteScaling
            }
            const uniformScaling = Math.abs(Math.abs(nodeParentScaleCheck.x) - Math.abs(nodeParentScaleCheck.y)) <= Epsilon && Math.abs(Math.abs(nodeParentScaleCheck.x) - Math.abs(nodeParentScaleCheck.z)) <= Epsilon;
            if (!uniformScaling && this.updateGizmoRotationToMatchAttachedMesh) {
                Logger.Warn("Unable to use a rotation gizmo matching mesh rotation with non uniform scaling. Use uniform scaling or set updateGizmoRotationToMatchAttachedMesh to false.");
                return;
            }

If this problem is modified later, please inform me to update the version.

cc @Cedric

Please open a PR on the repo so qwe can test, review and discuss it.
The forum is not a good place to keep code like this.

1 Like

page:Test unicode | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com)

Test unicode | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com)
This issue was fixed in the 6.0 update.
updateGizmoRotationToMatchAttachedMesh Is it better to change to the default true? Just suggestions.

Default values cannot be changed because of back compatibility.