UnitedXR DAO - Bringing Babylon.js To Web3 - Looking for feedback!

Hi everyone! I’m Derrick Barra, the chief development director from BrandXR, a SaaS XR platform and client services studio that uses Unity3D and is switching to Babylon.js in the future.

Recently, I’ve been working on a new initiative called UnitedXR. This is a Web3 DAO (Decentralized autonomous organization) that is creating an open-source, publicly owned, decentralized, and fairly launched ecosystem of products that lets people create, share, and sell XR software made with Babylon.js within Web3 ecosystems.

Right now in the Web3 ecosystems, there’s been a rise in popularity in selling digital content as NFT’s, but that content is limited to existing standards such as images, audio, video, and 3D models via gltf/glb.

Normally to share full experiences on the web, you would embed or share an iframe on a website. This is perfectly fine in Web2, but in Web3 there are additional safety concerns we have to work around due to the nature of being connected to users’ wallets and marketplaces.

Basically, how does a marketplace or wallet that wants to show an iframe know that the code within the iframe, and the content is secure, working as intended, decentralized, and guarantee it will load?

This is one of the unique problems we aim to solve with our ecosystem of XR products. These products include the following…

• XR project standards (JSON standards for UnitedXR compatible projects)
  • XR player (made with Babylon.js)
  • Marketplace of XR ready content (think Amazon with allowing anyone to sell, but without taking a margin cut from your sales)
  • SaaS tools to easily create, share, and sell your projects to Web3 marketplaces (including ours)
  • Tools to arbitrate issues with content on our marketplace using Aragon Court, an automated arbitration tool provided by the Aragon DAO.

As a public goods DAO, everything is open source. Our financial model involves customers staking our token (UXR) to sell their products. Bad actors get their tokens slashed and lose the right to sell products, as well as getting doxed (identity released). This also helps prevent IP theft seen in current NFT marketplaces.

The current plan also has us helping to reduce CO2 emissions via the purchase of Klima tokens (another Web3 DAO that purchases carbon credits off the open market, making it progressively more expensive to pollute, which encourages companies to go green or go bankrupt)

It’s still in progress, but you can view the whitepaper document and provide feedback on this forum thread.

I’m looking forward to working with the Babylon.js community. Feel free to post any feedback you have, if you want to join the DAO, let me know and we can chat!

2 Likes