WebXR render canvas and streaming

I will try creating a playground this week to show how to achieve this, as it seems to be a needed feature.
Will keep you updated here

1 Like

Hi @RaananW, has there been any movement on this? Or can you give me a hint/suggestion as to how to switch the rendering context. I was called away to deliver some seminars so have not been able to work on it but was hoping you might have made some progress in the meantime. Sorry to hastle you about it but I have stakeholders hammering me to prove that this is viable - as always they want a solution yesterday!
I will start to tinker and see what I can achieve.

1 Like

Had little to now time last week. I will do my best to get it to work this week.

The right direction would be to render the desktop camera along with the webxr camera, one after the other. No need for an extra canvas.

1 Like

Ah great, thanks for that. Based on this comment I was able to get it working. Quite a performance hit at the moment though (expectedly) so I will look into that now and see if I can find ways to minimise it, eg reduced resolution etc.
Thanks for your guidance @RaananW

Update: I was able to get significant improvement by passing parameters to the second call to render the scene so as to not repeat the animations/physics, ie scene.render(false,true). I have other optimisations to do, such as with ADT, but I am now on track. Thanks again.

1 Like