Will collapsing and expanding divs that surround a canvas/scene affect the coordinate system of babylon js?

Apologies, once again, this post has no accompanying playground as I have been working on this project that contains a page splitter web control by DevExpress.

With Delta’s help I was able to fix a previous problem where the vehicle mesh was shrinking and expanding based on the collapse state of the splitter panes. Now I get something like this (which is exactly what I wanted).

Two of the side panels of the splitter are open in the above picture. So I’m supposed to be able to click on a sphere that I generated and get some info; however, while the spheres are there visible, my observable/scene.pick does not seem to find it. I can, though, click on a random location in apparently empty space in the scene and it sometimes picks up the information of a sphere located elsewhere.

These splitter panes just render out to regular divs. Will collapsing and expanding divs that surround a canvas/scene affect the coordinate system of babylon js?

Thank you!

Can you share the code you use for your picking?

1 Like

I figured it out. The picking code never changed so I looked elsewhere and realized my mistake. I’d set some items to unpickable when I was testing something and either fell asleep and forgot when I woke up or just plain forgot. hehe, thanks.

my pleasure ;D