If there’s no built in way, any suggestions?
Obviously, there’s no min-width concept built-in (sadly). There might be a work-around but I believe we would first need to see how it’s built. Possible to share a PG?
3 options come to my mind:
1. Padding Adjustment
- While attaching Child Controls: Adjust left and right padding, when child.width below min
- consider negative padding if background of container should be kept, like in the following PG:
2. Empty Child
- Create general GUI.Control object, set its width as minimum and attachControl() to container
- Disadvantage: takes 1 child spot i.e. empty cell in Grid Container
3. Feature Request
- Add additional properties for min and max measures
Here are the involving code lines:
I would actually upvote this one . But then in order to be a real step-up, it would also need to be implemented in the Gui Editor. cc @carolhmj (I think we kind of started discussing this before, together with something like @media) . Any chance for it in a near future? Thx,
Edit: I somehow remembered this thread from oct22 that’s kind of related:
I somehow remembered @PatrickRyan sayin Yours want to continue “improving the GUI and Editor”.
I don’t wanna be pushy, not my style … but, yeah, whilst slowly but surely moving towards v7, it may be worth considering,… is it?
Yup it’s a good thing to have, the biggest obstacle is time @PatrickRyan is planning to take another look at GUI/GE after he wraps up the particles exploration, so there’ll be more discussion about it on the team soon-ish