BabylonJS in the real world

So I am just curious as to how much a “simple” multiplayer minigame made in BabylonJS would cost. For example, lets say something like 3D Blackjack (assuming if this is a thing :joy:), something with little to no physics. And how hard would it be to find a qualify Babylon developer. Does anyone make BabylonJS games for a living? I am just looking for the cost of development, not the other aspects, which I know would increase the cost. I am curious because I am thinking of using Babylon for some minigame projects in the future and I am not sure if I am making the right decisions. If you guys have any ideas, I would love to hear it! :slight_smile:

Hi @freetoplay and welcome to the community! Unfortunately “cost of development” is a question that I’d say is impossible to answer as it is comprised of many factors and is highly subjective. More important I think is just finding the “right tool for the job” and only you can answer that. Some of the questions I ask myself are:

• Is it a mature and well-engineered product?
  • Is it suited to the game/app genre, platforms and users I intend to target?
  • Does it have good documentation and a vibrant, growing community?
  • Are the developers active, engaged and responsive to feedback and bug reports?
  • Do the published demos and projects accurately showcase the engine’s potential?
  • Most importantly, is it FUN and intuitive to use?

Babylon.js ticks all those boxes for me but your questions and priorities may differ.