BabylonJS widget for Jupyter

Haven’t looked into this in a year or so, but was wondering if anyone had come across a BabylonJS widget project for Jupyter Notebooks ? I had actually done a proof-of-concept back then and then had to suspend it when “real” work sucked up 100% of my time for a while. I know there is a pythreejs widget that’s been around, but why not go for the best in that area, right ? Starting to get the itch to resurrect my original project, but I don’t want to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

Regards,
Greg

Hello and welcome,

I’m not aware of anything related but at least I would love to hear more about what Jupyter notebooks are?

Data science, education, visualization notebooks in the browser using a wide variety of backend kernels, usually Python, but most other languages provide kernels as well, (Javascript too, come to think of it…) … that talk to Javascript frontends (think BabylonJS :slight_smile: ). Someone already has a threejs extension for Jupyter called pythreejs.

Project Jupyter | Home

Regards,
Greg

I guess what I’m saying - and it would not be a small project, but start small, right ? - is that you could write BabylonJS code in Jupyter with Python for the browser. But I guess there are also Javascript backends, so you might be able to do this straight away.

Greg

1 Like