Again thanks all for the good feedback, it is nice for us.
To answer to your questions, have some more details about this little app:
The modeling has a total polycount of 590 000 vertices (no fear!), and we used 105 different textures (albedo, normal maps, ORM and some decals for the dirt pass). Adding to these we also have 37 lightmaps to enlight the whole thing.
Speaking of lightmaps, they were also used as a second layer of dirt by painting stains and cracks on them.
The texture pack may seem heavy but we used low resolution images, from 64x64 to 512x512 px. We still keep some more HD textures for the large areas, to have some sharp details.
Our main performance goal was to make it running smooth on the oldish Ipad 2.
As said earlier, we made good use of the dynamic shadows to bring some light and dark effect to our instance elements.
We had some fun with the post process effects and the soft contrast is possible by using a LUT correction. This is one of the features I love the most as a CG artist and it was the easiest way to match with the old blueprint at the basis.
And we would enjoy to make some cutouts, showing the inside of the fortress, this would be very fun for the users, but for now we are busy with others projects. But for sure it sounds like a great feature.