I have a lot of client projects upcoming that will include things I’ve tried to achieve in this demo project.
To be ready for the stuff that will happen I thought about something that makes fun for a short amount of time.
I guess a lot of you guys are familiar with the tv show “the wall”. Here’s my adaptation of the mechanics.
This will not be the final version. I’ll update it every know and then.
Things I’ve learned
- upgrading skills in Blender. Now I know how to bake textures
- writing text with DynamicTexture
- sound-modifications (pizzicato is amazing!)
- what smooth camera movements can do for your eyes
- physics and it’s pros and cons
- planned to add nodeMaterials, but it came along quite well without. maybe I’ll update the outer rings with nodeMaterial-animations.
- working with matcap reflections
- music loops with GarageBand
I hope to get feedback for improvements. What I plan to do with this is a local multiplayer adaptation. We have a huge touch-screen in our office. Guess that’ll be fun!
Cheers and - as always - thanks to the BabylonJS team for their amazing tools!