Black object on merge meshes

Hi. I’m haveing an system for creating routes based on some points which i’m getting from server.
Now this work almost as expected :slight_smile:
If I’m using simple lines then corners go outside of path. eg
So i tried to round them by using 2 poligons on ends of line, and at the end merge them.
This is working too, but for few of them I’m getting a completly black object, even if I’m trying to add material on it, and I cann’t explain the reason. I suspect is something with uvs on merge. eg

I tried to simplify as much as possible to expose better my issue.
ps: final result.

Problem solved
What i did is instead of merge wires at given position, I merge them at 0,0,0, and after this move them to the specific position

But still have no ideea why it didn;t work from the begining :slight_smile:

Hi MarianG,

From a quick look, it looks like your normals somehow got reversed on one of your meshes.

https://playground.babylonjs.com/#1GTK9D#6

I’m not exactly sure how this came about, but at the moment it looks like it might be a bug (or at least an unexpected behavior) in MergeMeshes(). In the Playground I linked to, the only thing I did was force the mesh to recalculate its normals after merging, which seems to resolve the visual issue.

Again, I’d need to look closer to be sure if this is a bug or just a bizarre behavior of MergeMeshes(). @Deltakosh, does this look like a bug to you?

1 Like

@syntheticmagus thanks for the interest on this issue.