[Cancel] BabylonCrafter - Game CMS

OMG. That’s awful. I really feel for you. You leave me speachless there. So much work, effort and dedication for something that huge… all flushed because of some creepy hardware :sob:. I cannot believe it :scream: This has always been one of my biggest fear for all my carreer. Actually, I’m close to paranoia with this. I have cloud, server, server backups, network backups and even disconnected from the network backups and I still don’t feel safe. I don’t know how I would feel if this would happen to me.
I’m so sorry for you and for the project. I hope you will recover and find the joy of developing again.

1 Like

Thank you for your support JohnK and mawa.
I should do more regular backups, I only do them every 3 months or so.
Fortunately I have several disks, one of which I reserved for programming, but it was this one that failed.
But all is not lost, I have a lot of old editor project that I had done, so a lot of code to recover for the new project that I launch.

1 Like

That’s too bad, the terrain painter was really cool part! Hope that makes it to the next project

You should consider my tactic and commit/push to git everything you would never want to write twice

3 Likes

Yes, it will. it’s a part that I still have.

2 Likes

Really sorry to hear about the code loss :frowning: I commit my stuff quite obsessively on Github for that reason :sweat: But even with the code gone the knowledge you gained remains in your brain :brain: and that is the most important thing

3 Likes

@Dad72 I feel your pain !!! I hate when this happens and I over commit for a couple months and forget until the next time :slight_smile:

1 Like