Creating physics joints in the Babylon Editor

Hi there,

Is there an easy way to create and connect physics joints in the native editor without having to write code to do so? I don’t see any affordances for doing so, so wanted to check here before I go figure out how to script it.

Thanks!

cc @julien-moreau the editor daddy

Hi @HowdyLuda !

Unfortunately this feature doesn’t exist at the moment :frowning:
The physics support in the editor is still simple and each advanced feature must be scripted. As physics looks improved a lot for Babylon.JS 6, the editor will be able to integrate more tools for physics.

@sebavan do you know if physics in Babylon.JS 6 has more support for serialization/parsing ? Today in Babylon.JS 5 only simple values (mass, restitution and friction) are serialized in .babylon files

Hey Julien! We didn’t prioritize serialization, but we can work on that after the release :smiley:

Hey @carolhmj would be awesome!!!

1 Like

Now that 6.0 is out, it would be incredibly helpful to be able to author scene with lots of physics constraints directly in a scene editor. Looking forward to being able to do that!

1 Like

I created an issue for that [Physics] Physics Serialization · Issue #13763 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com) so we can add to planning :smiley:

1 Like