Drifting game (my first semi-finished babylon js game)

Hello, everybody!

Here is a semi-finished drifting game that I have been working on for a few weeks!

http://rift.rito.lol

The idea is to have a kind of a flappy bird type forever playable high-score game where the levels repeat until you lose. :smiley:

All comments, including criticism will be very much appreciated.

The control is probably a bit hard on mobile right now because you are blocking screen with your finger when trying to turn.

I really want to push the limits of how many objects it is possible to safely render and process with this project. If you have any suggestions on how to improve performance, please let me know, I will greatly appreciate it.

7 Likes

Man! I love the concept so much! I can see having some bonus to change the control as a perk

This is really great!

1 Like

I love the visuals and overall design :heart_eyes::clap: Did you create the meshes yourself or used some free assets?

I do have to say that it took me a while to figure out the controls… maybe some instructions would be a nice edition.

Also around level 7-8 I glitched into the ground, not sure what caused it. It seemed like my fps dropped and then I just fell through the ground.

Overall love the concept, hope to see your updates on this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Very glad! I created them myself in 3D software. :slight_smile: Couldn’t figure out how to have two materials on the tree mesh that’s why the tree stump is green too.

Yes, the controls are the trickiest thing to figure out right now. I added turning by using space (one time it goes right, then left) but right now I feel like it’s even more confusing.

About the glitch - yes, I have seen it but i can’t pin point when exactly it happens. It probably has to do with fps drops or something like that, as you said. It relies on getting collision event with the tower to trigger the next level.

Thanks, will update as soon as possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Means a lot!

Do you mean easier turning when getting some kind of a power-up?

Exactly
Or different physics

This could be really addictive

For applying the different materials, there is a bit in the docs for applying multi materials to merged meshes:

https://doc.babylonjs.com/features/featuresDeepDive/materials/using/multiMaterials

Not sure if this helps?