Dummy's Left Arm will not move as expected with IK

Hello!

Following the Dude example for making a skeleton move around with IK’s, I have been trying to get the Dummy’s arms to move using IK’s. While the right arm of the Dummy moves with IK’s just fine, the left arm refuses to move as expected. An example can be seen here, where I have the target meshes moving around with sin waves for each arm. The right arm is moving as expected, while the left arm is avoiding the target mesh almost it seems like. I have experimented and found that the IK’s work as expected with the Dude’s left arm, so my feeling is that it’s something about the Dummy’s arms that is causing this problem. I was wondering if anybody had run into this problem before and whether they might know a solution for it! Thank you!

Welcome aboard!

I don’t know IK, but maybe this thread can help:

https://doc.babylonjs.com/features/featuresDeepDive/animation/baked_texture_animations

Thank you for the thread! I read through it and I don’t think it helps me much. I am not using animations at all that I know of, just using the IK’s solvers to move things around. I think there is something up with the Dummy model that causes it react weirdly, but I am not sure what exactly.

Sorry, I don’t know why I pasted this link! The right link is: