FIlpped Text on My Dynamic Texture Using Fabric.js

Hello, I have some problems regarding dynamic textures using fabric js. I want to create a configurator that links fabric js ‘2D canvas and babylonjs’ 3D canvas. But when I add text, it is reversed. But when I insert the image, the image is normal and not reversed like the text that was added. Does anyone know the solution to the problem I face? Thank you

While you may try flipX or flipY at your text object at Fabric.js before passing to 3D - JSDoc: Class: Object - for Babylon you can use uScale = -1 or vScale = -1 for your dynamic texture with the text.

2 Likes

Thank you, I just solved the problem. I changed dynamicTexture.update(true) to dynamicTexture.update(false).

I’m sorry, If you don’t mind, may I have another question? I have successfully connected the 2D canvas and 3D canvas, but it looks like they scale differently (look my video). Do you have any suggestions / solutions to solve these problems? Thank you very much

This is the code :

BABYLON.SceneLoader.ImportMesh("", "assets/model/", "sunchair.glb", scene, function(mesh) {
        scene.createDefaultCameraOrLight(true, true, true);
        var meshOne = mesh[1];

var myGoodMat = new BABYLON.StandardMaterial("material", scene);

var texture = new BABYLON.DynamicTexture("texture", canvasSecond, scene, 2, 2, true, false);
        myGoodMat.diffuseTexture = texture;
        myGoodMat.roughness = 1;

meshOne.material = myGoodMat;
        scene.onBeforeRenderObservable.add(() => {
            texture.update(false);
           });

});

Seems that proportions are lost somewhere.
How it will look like if you’ll change the sunchair to simple plane?

The 2D canvas and 3D canvas (plane) are the same scale, although it looks like one of the axes is reversed. Looks like I have a problem with my 3D sunchair model. So, I will check my 3D sunchair model first, do you have any suggestions for me? Thank you

It could be that the mesh in sunchair model has some unproprotional scaling applied.

Thank you, I was remaked the model, and it is work. I thought it was my code is the problem before I realize the model is the problem. Once again thank you so much for your help :pray::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like