Game Devs: What kind of demos/tutorials do you want to see?

So in many comments and responses I see for Babylon.js, I see many people who are curious about how to make a game. Where do you start? How do you accomplish X feature? How do you make X genre of game? Those are all common questions I’ve seen. My question for all of you is, what kind of demos or tutorials would you most like to see, with respect to game development in Babylon.js? Feel free to leave your thoughts as a reply to this thread.

4 Likes

It’s such a huge question, it takes so much to make a game. But I have some ideas :

• How to control a character (third person) with and without physics in a fluid and complete way with animations
  • Everything related to the “game play”
  • How to create strong networks (Client-side programming).
  • Demo of different tool to create games (Terrain editor (I did this one), character editor, Cloth editor, level editor …)

These are just ideas, but there is so much more on the best ways of made.

3 Likes
  • Making custom tools using bablyon.js so custom editors, tooling, etc. much like what @Dad72 has said.
  • Building out interaction and movement systems for XR systems.
  • On the topic of networking I would like to see something done with geckos and Node.js while making heavy use of micro services.
3 Likes

Maybe an extended tutorial for Navmeshes. This is an important topic even for beginners (depending on the game genre, of course).

2 Likes

I really would like to see tutorial for Quadtree height ground and simple movement (without physics).
This tutorial would be able to apply for every type of game, i also did some work of it that i will share later.

3 Likes