GUI in XML library

Thank you :smiley: . I am happy to give back to this awesome community. I hope this helps people build GUI layouts much more efficiently.

1 Like

Quick update, as I am using the guiLoader on some old GUI files which I am translating to the new project, I am finding it very efficient, lowering both development time and files size making the projects much more manageable. A real must for every GUI library.

I have added a couple of functionalities while fixing some bugs along the way. The Loader can be used with Javascript classes now by initializing it with the this keyword inside the Javascript class. This gives the Loader the Class context and it uses the class functions for the observables. Also, the observables should be all supported and working now.

The coolest functionality I have recently added is dynamic attributes XML side. Now if for some reason you want to give the value of a Controls attribute via Javascript, besides retrieving the control with the guiLoader.getNodeById(id) function and setting the attribute, you can simply set the variable containing the value XML side encapsulating the variable or class attribute name with {{}}. Check the width attribute of the InputText Control in the screenshot below.

As I work and add things according to my needs, it would be great if anyone would also use it and give me a different perspective. I really think this will be very helpful to everyone working on game GUI’s. Let me know what you guys think and I wish you a great weekend.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the PR :slight_smile:

1 Like

It will come hopefully by the end of the week. I still have a couple of things to test and functionalities to add.