HDR textures in babylon js

Hiya! Two questions:

I’ve been googling around trying to find out if babylon has a 32-bit diffuse buffer to do some eye adaptation with.

Second question: can you display 32-bit textures? If so, what format does babylon like?

Hey! Yes, Babylon supports 32 bit textures. Check out this playground: Available Textures in the Playground - HDR viewer | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com) Both the sphere’s albedo and environment texture are a 32bit float texture.

You can read more about using HDR environments here: Using An HDR Environment For PBR | Babylon.js Documentation (babylonjs.com)

I’m not sure if there’s other formats we support for 32 bit textures. @sebavan might know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

DDS would be supported too for float or half float textures.

This doesn’t answer quite my question I’m afraid.

Does Babylon use a 32 bit diffuse buffer? Is it accessible? I need to make an eye adaptation filter I wasn’t sure if the engine was outputting full-range results at any point.

The other question was just in relation to mocking it up in the playground with a 32-bit texture to simulate an entire scene. I don’t actually want the environment just yet I don’t think.

I am not sure what you mean by 32-bit diffuse buffer

Light adaptation is supported through the hdrPipeline from @julien-moreau Using the Standard Rendering Pipeline (depricated) | Babylon.js Documentation

1 Like

That is what I was after, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like