How to set the color channel of a texture

Good morning everyone! I need to use the R channel of this texture. How should I set it up? I need your help
The code is as follows:

BABYLON.SceneLoader.ImportMesh(‘’, “https://hyhh-fs.oss-cn-beijing.aliyuncs.com/model/”, “75019666af37429a8654c3fe37eac467.glb”, scene, (meshes) => {
meshes.forEach((mesh) => {
var stdMaterial = new BABYLON.StandardMaterial(“stdMaterial”, scene);
stdMaterial.diffuseTexture = new BABYLON.Texture(“https://hyhh-fs.oss-cn-beijing.aliyuncs.com/model/3e949682b6644ef986e0f0e2d1539779.png”, scene, false, false)
stdMaterial.diffuseTexture.hasAlpha = true
stdMaterial.diffuseTexture.getAlphaFromRGB = true
stdMaterial.diffuseTexture.coordinatesMode = BABYLON.Texture.PROJECTION_MODE
mesh.material = stdMaterial
mesh.useVertexColors = false;
});

scene.createDefaultCamera(true, true, true);
}, undefined, (error) => {
    console.log("error=", error);
});

Or rather, how can I use code to control the display of the following images
Snipaste_2024-02-28_18-44-04

I’m not sure to understand…

Do you want to programmatically change the data of the texture red channel? If that is so, you can call readPixels on the texture to get the texture data, modify the buffer and call engine.updateRawTexture(...) to update the data.

Something like this:

1 Like

How do I use code to control the use of single channels for textures, and how do I only retain the R channel

You would need to create a different type of texture which would have R channel only with a RawTexture in Babylon.

But you can not change where the shader reads from or you would need to create your own node material or material plugin.

Why not recreating offline a texture with only the channel you need ?

My texture has an RGBA channel. How can I use code to control the R or G channels that use this texture

You mean you have a RGBA texture that is passed to your shader, and you want only the red channel to be displayed? It is not possible, you will have to create a red channel texture instead, and copy the red channel from the RGBA texture to this texture.

Thank you, I have already resolved it