IOS crashing issue (severe)

Just wanted to support mawa in saying thank you for sharing your experience, I believe it’s going to be suuuper helpful to anyone else encountering the same issues! Graphics programming is a land of compromises between all the different devices and configurations, I’m glad you found something that works out. And I hope the next iPhone model is a bit more lenient on memory concessions :rofl:

2 Likes

Just in case anyone is interested in testing the experience after all the above changes, this is the link:
https://www.wikipoint.co/checkin/trivellato_step2
Any suggestions on how to improve things is greatly appreciated.
We are really happy of how Babylon.js is performing here.

1 Like

Hopeful thinking :grinning:

This is very cool! Have you posted it in the Demos and Projects section yet? I think people would love to see it :smiley: I really like being able to see the car in 3D AND the interior view, feels like a pretty useful thing to have in an online shopping experience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure that the experience could qualify for the ‘Demos & Projects’ but now that you are suggesting this, I will also post it there once the webcall integration has been released.
Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks bud , I will test it on my late 2019 ipad ( up to date IOS ) and my 2018 mac mic ( pre m1 ) also up to date macOS , I will give you some feed back if I see any bad behaviour :wink:

1 Like

I’ve had a lot of problems with iOS as well. In some cases I could solve the problem by limiting the textures to 1024x1024.

I’ll try that right now, thank you for the link. We use models partially with more than 500k vertices, sometimes above a million. Which still works sometimes…

Out of 10-12 IOS/macOS devices on which we regularly test, we found that these are particularly critical when handling WebGL:

• iPhone 13 (15.4 ver)
  • iPhone 13 mini (15.4 ver)

And iPhone 11 or lower are not supported by our app.

Due to them, we now have to create two versions of our 3D models.
That’s pretty painful but still the best solution we have been able to find to guarantee a wide accessibility

iphone is a pain in my a#$&*, struggle with the same issues, but our model near 16k poligons, but with a very massive textures

and of course it crushed on iphone 13, 14 and earlier

Try lowering the texture to max retina (vintage prior to iOS13) resolution.
That would be something like 2436 x 1125 px and the weight should not exceed about 1mb.
Don’t tell me it looks ugly :sweat_smile: :rofl:

1 Like