Looking for Advanced Open Source Babylon.js 3D Game Projects

Hello everyone,

I’m currently delving deeper into 3D game development using Babylon.js and am on the lookout for substantial open-source projects that could serve as learning resources. While basic examples and tutorials are plentiful, I’m particularly interested in more complex and sophisticated game projects.

Could anyone point me towards a curated list or repository of such Babylon.js game projects? Seeing the source code of these advanced projects would greatly aid my understanding of best practices in the context of game development with Babylon.js.

If a comprehensive list doesn’t spring to mind, I’d also appreciate any individual project recommendations. If there’s a standout Babylon.js game project that you’ve found insightful or impactful, please do share it here.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Here’s a good one [OPEN SOURCE] Multiplayer 3D RPG Using Colyseus

4 Likes

That’s cool! Is there any GitHub project that lists all of these Babylon.js projects?

Not that I’m aware of.

I suggest you take a look through the Demos and projects category of this forum, the Featured Demos page of the website, or trying searching the forum, Playgrounds or Github for something specific that you’re after.

There’s also the showcase channels of the unofficial Babylon.js Community Discord or Colyseus Discord

3 Likes

There’s also the Create a game tutorial series in the official documentation.

Hi!

a few weeks ago
Post a character navigation exercise on github. I hope it works for you and feel free to use it

Live demo

https://www.viseni.com/character_navigation/

4 Likes

Thanks, looks so cool!

There’s Symbitic/awesome-babylonjs: A curated list of awesome things related to Babylon.js (github.com) and of course, always checking the demos section here on the forum is a great bet
Since you specifically mention games, I have to talk about @jelster awesome Babylon.js book: Going the Distance with Babylon.js: Building extensible, maintainable, and attractive browser-based interactive applications using JavaScript: Elster, Josh, Catuhe, David: 9781801076586: Amazon.com: Books

2 Likes

Thanks for the shout out @carolhmj! :+1::star_struck:

The book walks through the design and creation of Space-Truckers: The Video Game!, with each chapter getting its own branch in the OSS repos. Of course, contributions are accepted for merging into the dev/main line codebase, or for chapter branches in the case of significant errors or problems :grin:

(On that note, if you end up reading the book, see the discussion boards for chapters 3 and 5 for some updates and corrections):sunglasses:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi @ertugrulcetin!

Hi i´ve updated my GitHub with some demos and mini-projects.

I hope you enjoy it :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Not that I’m aware of.

@ertugrulcetin @inteja There is. Check out my awesome-babylonjs list: GitHub - Symbitic/awesome-babylonjs: A curated list of awesome things related to Babylon.js

If you have anything you feel is worth adding, feel free to submit a PR.

3 Likes