Merging two PBR Textures using a mask, after individual textures have been tiled (Using Node Material Editor)

Hey,

I have to texture a large, uniform, even ground plane. If I use normal textures and tile them, the tiling effect becomes really apparent. For this reason I wanted to create a material that spans the entire plane (or a large chunk of it) once. Within this material I have two different PBR source textures, that are tiled within the larger texture, before a mask, that is not tiled blends the two textures together on a larger scale.

My main questions are:

1. Is this possible in the Material Node Editor or would I need GLSL?
  2. How do I “pre-tile” the individual textures.
  3. Is there some kind of preferred merging based on mask Node, or would I have to lerp individual aspects of the PBR texture?

Thank you already for the answers.

PS: Visual Aid

You could tile the textures by scaling the UVs used to sample the textures, and also “tile” the mask by doing the same. Something like this? Babylon.js Node Material Editor (babylonjs.com)

2 Likes

Hello @Leolele99 just checking in, was your question answered?

Hey,

yes.
I implemented a precursor to what I needed in BabylonJS nodes, but ultimately, we created the final materials in blender and imported them via GLB.

Thank you for your help!

1 Like