Mesh disappearing when using doNotSyncBoundingInfo = true

Hi,
in this playground example both meshes, the sphere and the plane use the setting
doNotSyncBoundingInfo = true.

After they’ve moved a little bit to the side and I follow them manually with the camera, with certain viewing angles they both disappear or appear again.
When doNotSyncBoundingInfo is set to false this doesn’t seem to happen.
According to the docs Optimizing Your Scene | Babylon.js Documentation this setting should only “be a problem if you want to use picking or collisions”, which I don’t.
I’ve used this setting for a lot of meshes, but never got this weird behaviour for any of them before except for one babylon plane, similiar to the one in my playground example, so I don’t know if this is a bug, or if there’s something missing in the docs.

Thanks

Bounding info are used for clipping so I believe they should be updated to ensure the most accurate clipping.

Ok, but in this case the docs are clearly wrong and should explain in more detail when this setting can cause problems.

which doc are you referring to ?

cause in the optimizing one, it clearly says in conjonction with alwaysSelect.. which disables culling so no harm in this case but your PG does not rely on it

Sorry, I clearly somehow missed the first part of that sentence :slight_smile:

no problem, I was wondering if we missed this somehow somewhere else.