Oculus Quest Height Problem

Hey,

we’ve encountered a problem with the Camera height for Oculus Quest. The problem is, it’s not happening every time, but randomly. If you take off the Quest and put it on again your position is higher than before. It’s like you are hovering over the ground. Even after teleporting you stay in the same height. If you have bad luck and take your Quest off and on again this effect stacks, and you’re even higher than before.

If you look in the console the value of vrHelper.webVRCamera.deviceDistanceToRoomGround gets higher every time this effect appears too.

You can look this up in the following playground link:
https://playground.babylonjs.com/#LIE3F2#3

We hope, you can reproduce this, because as i said, it’s not happening every time and sometimes you need quite some patience or lay aside the Quest for some minutes before putting it on again.

Best regards.

Yeah I think it is related to Oculus Quest pointer ids

We are probably missing the event that signals that Oculus was removed.

Hopefully @trevordev or @RaananW can have a look

Seems very much related. I hope the code can provide some solution. I’ll update as soon as I can.

2 Likes

I havn’t been able to get an easy repro but the issue is likley related to this function Babylon.js/webVRCamera.ts at master · BabylonJS/Babylon.js · GitHub

and used here Babylon.js/vrExperienceHelper.ts at master · BabylonJS/Babylon.js · GitHub

2 Likes