OpacityTexture - set "intensity"

In Babylon, I use an opacity texture for displaying transparent (pbr-)materials.
Is it possible to set the intensity of this texture in order to adjust the opacity of the result?

For example, if I reduce the intenity of this opacity texture, the pbr material is getting less transparent?

Best regards

You can use the texture.level for that. This simply multiplies against the alpha in the texture.

yes, but I would expect if I reduce the opacityTexture.level, the material will become less transparent?

it should be like a “blending”

I see your point but I am afraid this would break back compat on this feature. Basically your code could set level = 1 - intensity

Summoning @Deltakosh to see if we should break back compat on this one ???

I’m not sure this is used a lot but I would recommend to add a new parameter actually

@MrGroove maybe you could add a new parameter on both standard and PBRMaterial to ensure the shader does a mix vs a multiply. This could be done under a flag as David mentionned (like opacityTextureLevelBlending) ?

Fancy doing a PR ?

or maybe you could use the famous customMaterial from @nasimiasl to customize the shader a bit ???

sorry i see this now
https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#7AIII8#55
what kind of result suspected any pic or screenshot?

i think best way to use transparency use refract with cube map for pbr materials