Path Tracing with Babylon, Background and Implementation

Hello Everyone! So sorry for my exceptionally long pause in posting to this topic. If you have kept up with my three.js path tracing renderer, you will see I have been very busy all these months! I didn’t realize that the Babylon PathTracing conversion project had come to a halt. Therefore recently, I have worked on and created a new dedicated GitHub repository for just this purpose! You can check it out at:
Babylon.js-PathTracing-Renderer

If you want to follow our progress, stay tuned with the Main Thread about path tracing inside Babylon.js.

As I mentioned in that forum thread, although I am experienced with using three.js, I am a beginner to Babylon.js. I have overcome some learning/conversion speedbumps when I started this recent Babylon pathtracing project, but there are more hurdles to overcome! If you take a look at my super-simple setup .js file on my new repo, maybe you can spot some places that need an experienced Babylon user’s touch, or a recommendation if you have had to solve some of the same issues (like for instance, I have to implement a ping-pong postProcess and I don’t know yet how to do it!).

Please feel free to contribute info/code so that this project can move ahead to completion!

Cheers,
-Erich

4 Likes