PhotoDome with mobile Gyroscope

Hi,

I have a demo photodome, any suggestions on how to implement photodome to work with mobile gyroscope? any reference project or link would help.

We have a camera that rotates with your mobile device:

DeviceOrientationCamera | Babylon.js Documentation (babylonjs.com)

using it together with the photo dome will result in the experience you are expecting

2 Likes

Hi @RaananW, I tried adding ArcRotateCameraVRDeviceOrientationInput() into ArcRotateCamera inputs which gave the results that I expected. But the camera rotation/movement is not smooth rather it stutters. I also tried using DeviceOrientationCamera where the camera rotation/movement is smooth. Any idea why the camera stutters on ArcRotateCamera?

@RaananW will be back next week and have a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

It probably stutters because the refresh rate is very low. The orientation VR camera has a few tweaks you can set in order to get the scene to render better. Before that, have you tried rendering the simplest object? Also make sure you try first with a relatively strong device. Old ones tend to lag.

Can you share a scene that lags? Will be great to test it on my own device as well

1 Like

Hi @RaananW ,

Sharing a sample PG,

https://playground.babylonjs.com/#14KRGG#515

You can also see, the rotation doesn’t work properly as in DeviceOrientationCamera. In DeviceOrientationCamera everything is so smooth. Since I made use of ArcRotateCamera for the entire build (original build) I don’t wish to change it. Any solution is much appreciated.

Device Spec :
Chipset - Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G
GPU - Adreno 618
It is a midrange processor which is good to handle VR i guess.

Do you mean to do something like this?

ArcRotateCameraVRDeviceOrientationInput | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com)

Hi, no. I was expecting something like this

Click on the marked icon for the experience.