First I want to state that the BabylonJS Editor is a great tool! However, we are currently struggling with importing GLTF/GLB files. Since I don’t know if this is a bug or expected behavior, I post it in the “Questions” section.
Problem description: When importing a GLTF/GLB file, the textures are not imported correctly (i.e. the black/red error texture is shown instead).
Version of Editor used: Latest Desktop (Electron) Version (2.5.2)
Steps to reproduce:
- Take a sample GLTF/GLB, e.g. https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF-Sample-Models/raw/master/2.0/DamagedHelmet/glTF-Binary/DamagedHelmet.glb
- Add it per drag’n’drop to the Editor (either append it to an existing project or start a new one, made no difference in my tests)
- While the GLB looks fine in the Preview window, the material/textures are not shown correctly when hitting the “Play” button:
- At the same time the Texture Viewer does not show any Textures
- In the Material Viewer one material is shown but with the same wrong black-red texture
We also tried the following without any positive effect:
- Refreshing the materials or textures
- Reloading the project
- Using Scene > Import Meshes from… instead of drag’n’drop
Thanks in advance for any help/comments!