Project example which showcases best practises, a good project structure, etc

Hi!

Is there a repo out there which showcases best practises, a good project structure, state handling, etc…? It would be help me immensely to read code of people who knows their way around in babylonjs.

I am thinking of a repo like Bulletproof React in the React ecosystem.

Thanks in advance!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! I really like @RaananW’s amazing beautiful showstopper template RaananW/babylonjs-webpack-es6: Babylon.js basic scene with typescript, webpack, es6 modules, editorconfig, eslint, hot loading and more. Will even make coffee if you ask nicely. (github.com) as a starter :slight_smile:

@jelster has also been diligently working on an amazing book that covers all the way through the production of a game: :bookmark: Available now to pre-order - new book on how-to BabylonJS! :bookmark: - Announcements - Babylon.js

I’m sure more people will chime in with great suggestions

5 Likes

Yes! Thanks for the shout out @carolhmj, and good question @buigabor.

The starter repositories are good as a starting spot for new projects, but for what you’re looking to learn I think is the sort of thing that Space-Truckers: The Video Game might serve your needs.

The game is a reference architecture that is intended for learning purposes, so the yin/yang is that while it is a real-world demonstration of a BJS application code base, it is also a real-world demonstration of a BJS codebase that has evolved and grown over time. :grin:

Hope to see you contribute, and please keep asking questions!

3 Likes

Thanks for the great answers @carolhmj and @jelster ! I am currently looking into these, and I already found some good stuffs I was looking for :wink:

Appreciate the help!

wow, this is excellent! I built my own, but it’s poor in comparison haha (for reference, don’t recommend using compared to the ones mentioned GitHub - DiogoNeves/babylonts-template: A template for creating Babylon TS projects )

3 Likes

The more templates we have to choose/reference for, the richer the community will be! Great job :smile:

4 Likes