Should I use the Babylon Visual Editor?

Is it recommended to use the Babylon Visual Editor or do I just develop my project using VS Code?
What is better in the long term? I feel like the Babylon Visual Editor is not quite ready jet but I’m not sure.

The editor is a really cool tool if you don’t want to worry about writing code to create your project, but I’d recommend using Babylon.js from JavaScript/Typescript via VSCode, it’s a pretty straightforward framework to use, and easily debuggable from your browser + the inspector.

Hey @_Cri5
That depends on the nature of the project. The Editor will be really cool if you want to manage whole scenes as it’ll help you to place/configure objects without any line of code.

I guess you have found informations only about the version 3 of the Editor. I have recently opened the beta tests for the version 4. It has been made to be much powerful/stable than V3 and I’m working hard on to release it in few weeks.

Anyway, you can find the beta downloads here: BabylonJS Editor v4.0.0 beta · BabylonJS/Editor Wiki · GitHub

Also, the documentation still WIP: Editor/doc.md at release/4.0.0 · BabylonJS/Editor · GitHub

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask other Editor masters @jkeys @tbunker and @Limes2018 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi @_Cri5 , cc : @julien-moreau

If you try to develop something, check the repo below. It is a simple ping pong game developed by Editor V4 beta7. Hope it’s useful for you.

1 Like

Wow. Thank you so much for the help and for your work.

1 Like

I will play with the editor, perfect timing for me.

1 Like