The Lanes - a Work in Progress

Well here is a work in progress. No sound, and still more out buildings to come.

The Lanes

A lot of meshes - but many are instances (all the fence poles(30), the chimney stacks (30), big outer buildings (2-3), various other house walls)

@carolhmj : and eventually I want to delete the police character, meshes and rig,.which is about 10,000 verts (more to come)

Some interaction : "b’ makes both characters “bob”, “t” makes both characters “talk”, and “s” makes the police character “walk his beat”. Not happy with the latter - don’t like the walk animation and the is some slide as he moves - so needs work.

After beat walk - the camera goes “live” and you can move around with mouse and arrow keys.

Welcome thoughts of all.

Stay Safe All, gryff :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Very cool scene! I like the “dark” atmosphere :smiley:

1 Like

Well done @gryff !!!

1 Like

Thanks guys - I’m just starting on a story. The telling of a little tale that, from myths and legends, many years ago may have frightened children all around the world.

But more to come - we shall see how it develops.

Stay Safe All, gryff :slight_smile:

Reminds me of a book I read recently: Drood, by Dan Simmons. It takes place in Victorian London, and is filled with lots of dark scenes and a sense of dread and foreboding. I mean that as a compliment, lol. I was a little nervous wandering through your streets, wondering what was going to pop out at me…

1 Like