TransformNode getAbsolutePosition VS get absolutePosition

Hey, I noticed that for the class TransformNode, the function getAbsolutePosition calls computeWorldMatrix() before returning _absolutePosition, but the property getter, get absolutePosition, doesn’t. It seems like it would be better for both of them to call computeWorldMatrix, or maybe for the getter to just call and return getAbsolutePosition(). Just for the sake of consistency/clarity.

totally fair! wanna do a PR to fix it?

3 Likes

I’m game, it’s my first one thou, so will take a bit to follow through the guide and get set up :+1:

2 Likes

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welp, I got stuck at the build step. When I type “npm run build” on the CLI there’s missing modules - I was able to install the first few (with “npm install”) and get farther and farther through the build process, but after installing the module fs-extra, the build still can’t find it. I installed the latest NPM 6, TypeScript, and Gulp 4 like the Start Contributing guide says. I’m not sure what else to try, any ideas? (P.S. I’m on Mac, using VSCode and Terminal)

1 Like

Did you do everything in the tools/gulp folder ?

2 Likes

Yep, I double-checked and am in tools/gulp. The weird thing to me is that I was able to fix the same missing module error for the other missing modules, but not fs-extra… :thinking:

This is strange indeed, maybe try removing the packagelock.json from the repo, clean the node_modules folder and install again ?

1 Like

Okay, I ended up re-cloning and starting over (the build file was deleted accidentally) and it’s working. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I think the issue was that somethings I was installing needed root user and some normal user, but it’s validating the install in the browser now (77 / 209 done so far, all successful)! :+1:

2 Likes

Yay, I’m back and got everything set up to make patches! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And here’s the patch

I just changed “return this._absolutePosition;” to “return this.getAbsolutePosition();”, this way it also fixes the issue of the 2 functions becoming out of sync again in the future if the implementation needs to change…

1 Like

Good job!!!

1 Like