Unable to import meshes, require extension KHR_draco_mesh_compression is not available

Hi!
I am trying to load a Draco-compressed glb file (I used gltf-pipeline to convert it from GLTF to dracoGLTF to glb).
When I load it on the sandbox, it works perfectly, but when I try it on my application I’m hit with

Unable to import meshes from 'x': Require extension KHR_draco_mesh_compression is not available.

I tried importing '@babylonjs/core/Meshes/Compression/dracoCompression'; but it didn’t seem to work.
Could anyone help me with this issue ?

Thanks a lot !

What is the version of Babylon.js you are using? Try with the latest and see if it helps.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the quick answer,

I upgraded the Babylon.js version to the latest one (4.2.0-alpha33), and my error changed. It is now
Unable to import meshes from X: Invalid version: undefined

Any idea why that would happen ?

Hard to tell, maybe @bghgary will have a clue?

1 Like

We will need a repro for sure but I feel like you maybe have missed to import the babylon loaders?

1 Like

Hi,

I added import '@babylonjs/loaders/glTF/2.0/Extensions/KHR_draco_mesh_compression'; and it seems to be working!

Thanks a lot for the help!

3 Likes

Hello!
I created a PR to add that in the ES6 documentation: Add comment on gltf and draco loaders by valentinbdv · Pull Request #2024 · BabylonJS/Documentation · GitHub

1 Like

Merged! thanks a lot