VR Avatar Sample Code?

Hi Friends,

You can see that I’m working on building out some more complex VR functionality.

Is there standard VR avatar code that people are using yet? Very simple open source example?

Totally not sure we have this, but maybe @RaananW has seen some related samples ?

cc @thomlucc

I think we’ve discussed this quite some time ago :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what you mean exactly? The avatars themselves? there is no standard for this. Every app has its own style. How to interact with the avatar? this is defined by the way the avatar is constructed. If it has a skeleton, you can use the skeleton system.

Sorry, I know this is complicated, what I’m asking for is the “for idiot’s” boilerplate solution where you just have an avatar (and maybe a mirror) and you can look at yourself, and move your arms and it moves, etc.

I know that there’s lots of solutions and implementations, but I’m just wondering if our community has one, where it’s ultra paired down, and there’s not a lot of stuff in it, other than the rigged avatar.

vrspace is amazing and has everything, but it’s all bundled together. I just think it would be helpful for VR devs to have one simple example, if we don’t have it, I’ll eventually just make it, bc slowly going down that road…

1 Like

I don’t think this is exactly what you’re looking for, but you may be interested in this project: Ready Player Me – Metaverse Full-Body 3D Avatar Creator

right, I know how to create them, but I don’t have any default code for using them in babylonjsVR…

RPM is great

Hmm, not sure if we have any demos/playgrounds yet…@RaananW may know more. If you do give it a try yourself I’m sure the community would love to see what you come up with :slight_smile:

Oh, he knows. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t know of a playground that can show you how to do it.
However, we do have the tools for you to create one :slight_smile:

If your avatar has a skeleton, you can use the Bones and Skeletons | Babylon.js Documentation (BoneIKController) to move the hand based on the controller position (and the head based on the headset position) to move your avatar correctly. I does require a bit of tweaking but should have a nice effect :slight_smile:

1 Like