I was wondering if anyone has tried to strike a lightning bold on click of a mouse.
or any tutorials out there ? Similar to this threejs demo three.js webgl - lightning strike
Thanks.
I was wondering if anyone has tried to strike a lightning bold on click of a mouse.
or any tutorials out there ? Similar to this threejs demo three.js webgl - lightning strike
Thanks.
I don’t think we have an example of lightning in Babylon.js.
If anyone is up for the challenge, they could port the Threejs example!
Would be so coool, please please please ![]()
I made it this so far. Wondering how do I achieve some glow and make my lines fat !
code: ts-parkover-game/LightningBolt.ts at main · steelx/ts-parkover-game · GitHub
I wish to do something like this if possible can someone help me with Node Material Editor from BabylonJS ?
Here are several examples of lightning which I found in my bookmarks ![]()
With sprite - Babylon.js Playground
With shader - https://playground.babylonjs.com/#26UUE1#25
With points - https://playground.babylonjs.com/#SPQEM6#1
hey thanks, sprites one looks great.
Even I’m using Points with LinesMesh and animating them with recreating points again. Do you think is there any way I can attach some glow to these lines/points ?
For more lines effects I would recommend to use MeshLine - more info here: BabylonJS MeshLine - a port of THREE.MeshLine
thanks I tried this but it just creates ribbon alike shapes without any glow effect.
you have been a great help so far with previous links. do you know any other algorithm similar to this algorithm - How can I generate a lightning bolt effect? - Game Development Stack Exchange I really line LinesMesh.
I use a TubeMesh.
Thanks Joe. Good thinking.
The results look better than before. I think I will try adding some particles on lines path next.
I don’t know if it’s helpful, but ChatGPT gave me a simple lightning strike example.

It is even better with Glow layer - https://playground.babylonjs.com/#XGUSZ3#1
Thanks for the great advice. that’s so cool.
This is what I wanted all this time
thanks. I wasn’t aware of GlowLayer.
Viva GreasedLine
![]()
![]()