Webpack compilier error after V5.21.0

"webpack": "^4.46.0"
An error occurred while Webpack compiling code with v5.22.0 || v5.22.1.
No problem before v5.22.0, i had test v5.21.0, v5.17.0

Hey @DWork,
It’s the same problem as here

Webpack v4 does not understand some new JS features. It would be great if you could upgrade Webpack to v5.

2 Likes

That would be the recommended solution, yes. Otherwise you can also use Babel to convert the input to an older version of JavaScript.
Migrating to webpack 5 should be straightforward though. Version 4 is 2+ years old and is not actively maintained.

2 Likes

Create React App still uses Webpack 4, which may cause some people to be stuck on 5.21.0

EDIT: Actually I’m wrong my issues are unrelated.

Do you mean the official facebook create react app?

GitHub - facebook/create-react-app: Set up a modern web app by running one command.?

Was just coming back here to say I was wrong (it’s on 5.70.0), though am getting errors with 5.22.0 also.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: _babylonjs_core__WEBPACK_IMPORTED_MODULE_1__.Color3.FromHexString is not a constructor

My bad :sweat_smile:

It installs this:

That’s because you used “new” where new should not have been used. If it is in our code we should fix that asap

1 Like

That was in my code, interesting that it was working up until this update. I guess something got more strict. Thank you.

yep, because up until the update we used es5 syntax in these packages

Yes, the mainstream is still Webpack4. Webpack5 compilier changed a lot. Some old js plugins couldn’t being compilied