WebXR button is not rendered in itch.io if fullscreen is disabled

Hello everyone, I am writing this in a hurry.

If I try to publish a WebXR app/game on itch.io without with the fullscreen option disabled, the VR button is not rendered. Do you know what could be causing it?

I am tried to use a canvas with 640x480 and 900x450 pixels.

The only way to replicate it is publishing an app without the fullscreen option. I can provide an example if needed.

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 9.42.19 AM

Let s add @RaananW to the thread

The first thing I would do is to try putting the button somewhere in the center of the screen, and see if it is the absolute positioning that is to blame here

What you can do is change the div.xr-button-overlay, making top and left 50%. That won’t put it exactly in the center, but it should be visible even if not in fullscreen mode. If it is, try also setting top and left to 0, and see if it pops up to the top left corner of the page. My guess is that a few simple CSS tricks will be the way to go.

Can you share one itch.io project that is not fullscreen?

Thank you so much for the suggestions, I will try that!

I can provide an example at the end of the day today. I will post here.

1 Like

Here is an example: VR Example by yuripourre

PS: Funny thing is that if I open the page as the owner (with options to edit the game and the template) the VR button appears.

I can see it:

Thank you for checking this @RaananW!

I can see the icon on my Oculus 2 but the it is somehow offsetted.
Using a browser with the WebXR Emulator I can’t see the icon but the html is there inside the itch.io iframe so CSS should do the trick, indeed.

I will close it for now.

Thank you!

1 Like