Weird problem with BABYLON.SceneLoader.LoadAssetContainerAsync()


I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if I spotted a bug but I have a file tileset-level0.babylon on my hard drive. When I drag and drop it in the babylonjs sandbox with the texture/ibr assets I can see what I expect. However when I load it in my game with BABYLON.SceneLoader.LoadAssetContainerAsync(), I get something else, which seems to be a previous version of my tileset.

As I have a file tileset-level1.babylon in the same folder, that happens to be similar to the previous version of my tileset, I thought I confused the path and was loading the wrong file. However, if I renamed tileset-level0.babylon to something different, the game does crash returning: file not found. That means that the game was opening the right file, but for some reason it shows a previous version of it… I just don’t understand.

I thought maybe it was a cached version of the tileset somewhere in the browser, so I opened in another browser, same issue… Then I also changed the parameters enableSceneOffline and enableTextureOffline to false in the manifest file. Still same issue…

Here is a copy of the babylonjs file:

The best way to fix your issue is to create a repro in the playground (here is a doc to load your asset: Using External Assets - Babylon.js Documentation)

Try to add something like “&v=54321” to the end of your url to be 100% sure it is not a problem with the cache of your browser.


Thank you for your answer, but my game consist of many files and the PG does not allow multiple files (as far as I know). Furthermore my problem may be just local; caused by the browser’s caching. Hence I will have to prune the trees of possibilities using logic and expert knowledge to pinpoint the issue and confirm that it is on BabylonJS side. From that I should be able to reproduce it in the PG in few lines. But. at that point the PG will just be a showcase of the bug, if any :smiley: !

Anyway, I will have a try with the suggestion of @Evgeni_Popov to prune the tree. I will also change the file name both in the code and on the hard drive to make sure this is not a caching issue.

Yay! Good news after trying to cut things into smaller pieces, I realised that everything was fine, that was just my brain that was confused :smiley: !
Thanks for the support, that helped me to look at the issue from a fresh perspective :slight_smile: