I just recently got involved with BabylonJS and when initialising and building the repository locally I get a whole lot of file changes which clogs up my entire git tree and git tools.
In the official guide (here) it’s stated that one should
git update-index --assume-unchanged a bunch of files, however not all files are stated since I have 103 file changes when I build fresh from master. (edit: It looks like using
git config core.autocrlf true it’s only 24 file changes). To be honest, the repository is pretty overwhelming for me.
- What should be the line ending settings for git?
- Is it ‘officially’ supported to develop on mac os, like I do?
- How to properly ignore changes in the
- I also have 3 changes in
sharedUiComponentsfolders, what’s up with this?
- Any resources that I can look at to learn more about the repository structure?
- What are the main gulp tasks that I should run when developing locally?
- What is overall the best strategy (or possible strategies) for developing locally? should I use inspector or localdev? or maybe a combination of both?
- What is the daily workflows that the main contributors are using?
It would be great to collect some responses for updating the contribution guide!