A tab in the doc to explain GUI and scene resize on mobile?

Dears,
I was just wondering if it would not be a good idea to have a small tab in the doc explaining how we should handle the resize of the scene and GUI on mobile devices. I’m afraid I can’t do it myself. I’m not much of a mobile dev :wink: (sry)

But I couln’t avoid noticing that this topic constantly returns sort of on a weekly basis and therefor, it might be good if we could just point people towards this page in the doc.

I mean I sort of know it’s all around hardware scaling and pixel ratio and canvas resize but I’m not good enough with this to create a doc.

But then, may be one of yours mobile gurus :iphone: :mage: would eventually do it?

2 Likes

cc @PirateJC and @DarraghBurke

1 Like

I think this is a great idea. This is a question that comes up all the time and I could see a page on it for sure, handling different nuances like high DPR displays, resizing windows, full screen GUIs, etc. @PirateJC do you think you can look into this when you get back?

1 Like

Yes. I would really have wanted to have the knowledge to do it myself :slightly_frowning_face: instead of just handing it over for someone else to struggle with. My apologies for simply hating mobile dev and having taken the bad habit of just handing it over to people who made the terrible mistake of showing that they have skills and understanding of this :wink: I know, I’m a bad ass :see_no_evil:
On the other hand, there are already just so many topics (mostly solved) around this subject that I guess a good start would be to collect those and next, synthetize the content in something understandable and not all too long and tedious (which might just be the hardest part of it).