Access to gl.blendFuncSeparate

Hello,

I saw that we can set alphaMode on material or meshes. But I would need to set blendFuncSeparate to specific values:
gl.blendFuncSeparate(gl.SRC_ALPHA, gl.ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA, gl.ONE, gl.ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);

and

gl.blendFuncSeparate(gl.ZERO, gl.ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA, gl.ZERO, gl.ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);

I’m wondering if I can have access to the gl context from babylon ? Thanks !

You can change all of them through engine.alphaState.setAlphaBlendConstants or engine.alphaState. …

Would that work for you ? it is what we use internally

Thanks ! This is what I’m looking for however changing them directly or using .setAlphaBlendConstants doesn’t seems to change anything in my render.

Just to give a bit of context, I’m having the black alpha problem (This is a pure blue) :
This is a plane with a renderTarget that has alpha. Solution for this in native is setting gl.blendFunc( gl.SRC_ALPHA, gl.ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA );

But I can’t get the same on babylon

You should try to set it in mesh.onBeforeRenderObservable to ensure it does not get overriden by the mesh render function.

It does not change anything either :frowning:

I’m trying to get this : WebGL, Blending, and Why You're Probably Doing it Wrong

Would be great if you could share a repro in the playground :slight_smile:

Hi ! Sorry for the delay.

I investigated a bit and found out the reason of the black border. I’m working with transparent scene. The clear color is affecting the alpha. So a scene clear color black will create those black value in the alpha. If i’m changing the color it will change it too. I think this is not correct as render and it should be considered as a bug. What do you think ?

Here a simple playground so you can see & test : https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#2J05PG#1

I found the solution!

So on my mesh I have this :

mesh.onBeforeDrawObservable.add(_ => {
engine._alphaState.setAlphaBlendFunctionParameters( engine._gl.SRC_ALPHA, engine._gl.ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA, engine._gl.ONE, engine._gl.ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA )
})

And on the plane where there is the renderTarget I have this

plane.onBeforeDrawObservable.add(_ => {
engine._alphaState.setAlphaBlendFunctionParameters(engine._gl.ONE, engine._gl.ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA, engine._gl.ONE, engine._gl.ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA)
})

2 Likes