Announcing Babylon.js 6.0

That so, sooo, soooo impressive.

I can’t find anything online for the havok wasm build; I suppose part of that is by design for this release.

But for the mean time I’m guessing the API glue babylon.js uses with Havok is more than enough. I’m just used to regularly needing to make raw physics calls when working with ammo.js. Man oh man, so much to learn! Love it!

1 Like

yeah we are sharing the wasm build NOT the code :wink:

So the expected workflow here is just using bjs api calls and there’s never going to be a need/usecase where we want to make “native calls” as we did with ammo.js right?

correct! We will make sure to wrap everything that exists in the WASM
Havok is a sister team for us so easy to ask them to help if needed ;D

3 Likes

It’s so strange… a huge chunk of my work in my old project was dedicated towards getting the most use out of ammo.js. I even used it for faster raycasting. In fact I ended up using it to generate more detailed hieghtmaps 1000x faster than when using vanilla bjs 5.0 raycasting. And now I’ll probably never need any of that stuff again. I mean I’ll still need the functionality, but it’ll all be done via bjs api calls.

3 Likes

This new physic engine is amazing, the performance is woaw. Thank you for this great addition and for the other new features of this version 6

3 Likes

Small quick note before i head out - the Babylon template was updated with an example of how to use havok in es6:

4 Likes

Thanks buddy! So glad you like it

1 Like

Happy to help:)

1 Like

The smorgasbord enhancements really are spectacular. Thanks @PirateJC!

1 Like

Looks great guys! Can’t wait to try all this out! Thanks to everyone who was involved. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Is the link to ray marching demo incorrect? https://aka.ms/babylon6RayMarchingPG goes to the same as https://aka.ms/babylon6TriPlanarPG

Dreams came true, finally! Kick the bunny is so funny! :smiley:

2 Likes

Congratulations on 6.0! Here’s to many more!

2 Likes

You guys really outdid yourself! Congrats and thank you :heart:

2 Likes

Really grateful to all those that make this magic happen! Thanks, thanks, thanks :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Havok is really COOL ! Amazing ! Could we override the HavokPhysics.wasm’s default location ? Request get 404 when using it with Vite.

1 Like

No, seriously? Who would have guessed that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Congratulation to all the team, it’s really amazing !!!

Thanks !!!

3 Likes

Cc @PirateJC